Certified CMMC PROFESSIONALS (CCP)
AND Certified CMMC ASSESSORS (CCA)
Certified CMMC Professional (CCP)
Certified CMMC Assessor Level 1 (pending DoD review)
Certified CMMC Assessor Level 2 (Formerly CCA-3)
Certified CMMC Assessor Level 3 (Formerly CCA-5)
The CMMC-AB training program will move forward as we work through the changes of CMMC v2.0, please click here for information on the Provisional Instructor (PI) Program.
Credentialed individuals are authorized to deliver assessments, training, and consulting.
Authorized to participate as an assessment team member under the supervision of a Certified CMMC Assessor
- No U.S. citizenship is required.
- U.S. Person (definition here).
- To participate as a team member on L2 assessments, U.S. citizenship is required.
CCA-3 and above
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be citizens of the country where the C3PAO is based
- Authorized only to assess contractors based in that country
- The U.S. Government must establish bi-lateral agreements with other countries with respect to CMMC prior to the issuance of any authorizations related to CMMC
Certified CMMC Professional (CCP)*
2+ years of equivalent experience (including military) in a cyber, information technology, or assessment field; and
- Suggested CompTIA A+ or equivalent knowledge/experience; and
- Complete Certified CMMC Professional Class offered by a Licensed Training Provider (LTP); and
- Pass DOD CUI Awareness Training no earlier than three months prior to the exam.
- College degree in a cyber or information technical field or 2+ years of related experience or education; or
Certified CMMC Assessor (CCA) - Level 1 and above 2/3*
- Certified CMMC Professional Credential
- 4+ years of cyber or other information technology experience
- Complete the training and exam for the Certified CMMC Assessor Level 3 credential
- Have or gain a favorably adjudicated Tier 3 Suitability Determination that results in no security clearance**
Possess a NAC (National Agency Check), DHS Suitability Credential or other DoD accepted clearance (required to participate on L1 or higher assessment teams)
- pending final review and approval by DoD
* Prerequisites at all levels are subject to change.
** Details on the path to obtaining Tier 3 Suitability Determinations through the CMMC-AB can found here. Please note this can only be viewed by assessor candidates that have sucessfully completed exam requirements.
Registrations Are Now Open
The Certified CMMC Professional and Certified CMMC Assessor certifications are attainable through the following steps:
- Apply here to be accepted into the program. ($200 Application Fee to obtain your CMMC-AB Professional Number (CPN))
- Take training with Licensed Training Providers (LTP). Learn about LTPs here. Find them here. Classes began in Q3 of 2021.
- Take an exam through the CMMC-AB. The Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) exam will launch is TBD. Important Note: If you are a Provisional Assessor or Provisional Instructor you are required to take the CCP Certification Exam within 6 months from the time it launches.
We thank many of you who have already pre-purchased discounted exam voucher bundles. If you have pre-purchased bundled vouchers you will be receiving an email with instructions for testing will become available three months prior to public examination release.
- Application - $200
- Creates unique CMMC-AB registration number (CPN)
Individual Exam Fees
Includes the first year of certification. Payable at the time of exam.
- Certified CMMC Professional (CCP) - $275 per test
- Certified CMMC Assessor Level 1 - TBD (Pending DoD review)
- Certified CMMC Assessor Level 3 - TBD (Pending DoD review)
- The Observation component of the Assessor program is currently under evaluation with the DoD and the website will be updated once the program has been finalized.
Annual Maintenance Fees (future)
These fees are published here to broadly set expectations for the future, and will not begin until at least one year after an individual is certified. Maintenance fees are subject to change.
Annual Certification Maintenance
- Certified CMMC Professional - $150
- Certified CMMC Assessor Level 1 - $250 (Pending DoD review)
- Certified CMMC Assessor Level 2 - $500
- Certified CMMC Assessor Level 3 (future) - TBD
CMMC-AB Refund Policy
- Application fees are non-refundable or transferable.
- Refunds for any fee, except Application fees, requested within 30 days shall be fully refundable upon review and approval by the CMMC-AB.
- Exam fees paid shall only be transferable to another named person from the same organization only if related services have not commenced.
All other fees outside of these conditions shall not be refundable.